• Do not consider "Fragile" and "Handle with care" labels as a substitute for careful packaging. They are only appropriate
for information purposes.
• Do not pack boxes heavier than 25kg (essentially making sure that it can be carried by 1 person comfortably)
• Choose the appropriate size of packaging for the items you are sending. Under-filled boxes are likely to collapse;
overloaded ones may burst.
• Please try where possible to use boxes of similar size. This helps us to maximise space on the vehicle which could in
turn save you money
• Always use high quality materials for your shipments. Consider strength, cushioning, and durability when selecting
your wrapping supplies. Use expanded polystyrene chips, polyethylene foam, bubble plastic, crumpled air cushions or
shredded paper to cushion fragile items.
• Ensure that each box/item is clearly labelled with your name, destination and numbered according to your inventory.
• Choose boxes made of corrugated cardboard, with good quality outer liners. Use heavy-duty double-layered board for
• We will refuse to take items which are not suitably packed in boxes or protected.
• Make use of cushioning materials, especially to stop your packaging contents from moving.
• Use strapping, when suitable, as a good way to seal and secure your box.
• Use strong tape if a strapping machine is not available.
• Put fragile goods in the centre of a package; ensuring they don't touch the sides. Your item should be well cushioned
on all sides.
• Place powders and fine grains in strong plastic bags, securely sealed and then packed in a rigid fibreboard box.
• Repack your gifts properly. Many goods sold in attractive packaging may not be suitable for shipping.
• Protect your data discs, audio and video-tapes with soft cushioning material around each item.
• Always use cardboard dividers when sending flat, fragile material (such as vinyl records).
• When re-using a box, remove all labels and stickers. Ensure that the box is in good shape and not worn out.
• Do not use bags made of fabric or cloth or carrier bags (suitcases and strong holdalls are ok if necessary)
• Don't send dangerous or prohibited goods as you may be liable to prosecution.
• Don't use substandard or damaged cartons.
• Don't allow contents to move within their packaging.
• Don't allow fragile items inside a package to touch each other.
|White Van Man Removals Packing Requirements and Advice.
checklist. To view/print the document in Word format click here
|This is what one cubic metre